Before we start talking about the steps you should follow in order to boost your self confidence let’s think about the benefits that more confidence will give you. How would your life be better if you were more confident?
If you were confident you would definitely worry less and you would believe in your abilities to succeed in whatever you need to do. You would be happier and less stressed. You would feel more excited about living. New opportunities would become possible for you in an instant. Self confidence helps you to believe that you can overcome the most difficult of challenges and enjoy being successful. Your negativity would be a thing of the past and rather than listen to negative comments from others you would encourage yourself to be the fantastic person you know you can be.
Happiness is something that comes from enjoying the challenges that life throws at you and new confidence will bring you both success and happiness. It is often said that happiness is not a result but enjoying the journey you take towards achieving something. How can you enjoy your life’s journey if you are fearful and negative and lack self confidence?
Confidence will bring you benefits both personally and professionally. Getting a great job and becoming successful in it demands confidence. If you have it you will earn the respect of others and this will boost you further.
If you lack self confidence there is one enemy waiting for you who can strike at any moment. That enemy is depression. One way of avoiding depression is to build your self esteem. Liking yourself is a big part of becoming more confident. Your self esteem will protect you from negative comments and criticisms from others.
Follow These Steps to Become More Confident:
- Build your self esteem by considering the things you like about yourself and those you don’t. Think about all the things you do like about yourself and write them down where you can read them each day. Now think about everything you don’t like about yourself. Could be your weight, your appearance, whatever. Here’s a truth: you have two choices for each thing you don’t like – either accept it or change it. You cannot change many things so you have to learn how to accept them. The things you can change such as your weight or your fitness you need to get motivated and design a plan to take action and create the change you want. You’ll need willpower but if you truly want to change something then YOU CAN.
- One thing you may like to change is your appearance. You can chage how you look and how you feel very quickly by dressing differently. Spending some money on new clothes that make you feel great can have a very positive effect on you and those around you. If you look confident, you’ll feel confident.
- One mistake people often make when trying to build self esteem and confidence is that they concentrate too much on themselves and forget that one of the most important ways to get more from life, (whatever you seek), is to give first. How can this help? If you give others compliments, smiles and positive words then they will return them to you. A giving person receives so much more than he or she gives. Be generous and kind to others and you will attract people who will help you to live a happier and more enjoyable life. Your confidence will soar!
- Fears grow with negative thinking and if you avoid the things which scare you your confidence will drop. For example, giving presentations is a common fear but being successful at them will bring many benefits to you both professionally and personally. You should face your fears and work to overcome them so that your success will boost your self belief. Avoiding the things you fear most will make them stronger and hurt your confidence. No pain, no gain!
- You may have a problem with shyness and if so this may make you avoid certain situations or social events. Being sociable is so important in so many areas of life and if you avoid social situations you find difficult the result is as we just described above. Being shy does not have to be permanent. It is something you can certainly change. I used to be very shy but I worked on it and now enjoy my life like I never could when I was suffering. Shyness will almost certainly affect your self confidence in a bad way so you need to do something about it.
- Find your motives. What most motivates you? 1. success and achievment 2. giving to others 3. being loved. Once you know what motivates you then you can plan what to do to become more confident. Be careful about the third option though because being dependent on others for their approval and love is another trap so many people fall into.
- Know your strengths and your limits. Start with your strengths as these are positive. What are your real strengths? How can you live your life and use these strenghts more? This requires self awareness. Spending time to better know yourself is the beginning of real self improvemant and is neve time wasted. After you list your strengths you do need to consider your limits so that you can decide where you need to improve or if there are things you should choose to avoid. Be careful not to confuse your real limits with your negative beliefs about your abilities. Honesty with yourself is a big part of self awareness.
The Most Important thing to Remember
We have looked aat some real steps you can take now to boost your self confidence and I have one final thing to say here. The most important factor of all in regards to your self esteem or confidence is what you think you can do, what you think and not what others tell you.
So be bold and go for it! Decide yourself what you will do and how you will do it and don’t give up until you succeed. The rewards are well worth it!
Take action and increase your self confidence! Download this recommended self hypnosis program now:
Self Confidence Trainer
The Self Confidence Trainer leads you step-by-step towards greater confidence and self esteem.
In this world we live in, self-esteem is seen as a personal trait which tends to be enduring and stable and encompasses within itself a host of beliefs about one’ self. Self-esteem means different things to diverse people. To some it means feeling good and loving yourself unconditionally. To others it is a feeling which is at the center of ones being of self-confidence, self-worthy and respect. It is very vital for one to have high self-esteem as it paves the way for love and success in life (Bruceeisner, 2012).
People often overlook the importance for individuals to have a healthy or positive self-esteem. A healthy of positive self-esteem is delineated by various qualities such as being able to accept responsibilities for one’s own actions, respect and tolerance for others, being able to handle criticisms, being able to take charge of one’s own life, taking a great pride in your own achievements, possessing a great level of integrity and loving others and being loved. Majority of people in the community especially those in the business and entrepreneurial sectors believe that possessing a healthy or positive self-esteem will aid in being a successful professional in your field of work.
In the medical field of the economy, doctors, nurses and other people working in the medical community have a belief that possessing a positive self-esteem is very crucial in the maintenance of a healthy life by individuals. In contrast to the thought that a positive or healthy self-esteem is vital in an individual’s professional life, it also plays a very important role in alleviating a psychological disorder.
When an individual possess a low self-esteem, he or she tries to make impressing others or proving themselves to others a focal point in their lives. This is deemed to be a total waste of one’s time and energy and can even result in psychological disorders. A person without a healthy or positive self-esteem tends to have contempt towards people and usually acts arrogantly. They usually blame themselves for their actions and failures, lack confidence in themselves and mostly doubt their acceptability and self-worth (Reasoner, 2012). These elements does not only show the negative part of an individual’s life but also these elements are quiet unhealthy to the emotional well-being of an individual. This is because an unhealthy or negative self-esteem is very bad to an individual’s emotional health. This backs the fact that a healthy or positive self-esteem indeed can aid in alleviating psychological disorder.
One of the peculiar psychological disorders that are mostly stroked by self-esteem is known as Borderline Personality Disorder. Individuals are not willing to validate their feelings for other people or trust others when they usually do not feel good about themselves. People who possess borderline personality disorder coupled with a poor self-esteem can exasperate the anger which is mostly present with this type of psychological disorder. More often than not, a burst of angry tirade is as a result of a lot of unresolved issues which has not been solved. The only way a person with borderline personality to assert his or her feelings or thoughts is through anger. It can be noted that, having a healthy or positive self-esteem can help alleviate this issue and curtail the issue of anger associated with borderline personality.
An individual who possesses borderline personality psychological disorder most often associate some form of suspicion to people who want to be their friend. A person with this kind of psychological disorder have a feeling that their friendship with others will end as time goes on because they think they have nothing to offer in the new friendship, which is actually wrong. Possessing a healthy or positive self-esteem can aid an individual who has a psychological disorder like the borderline personality to comprehend the fact that they deserve to be happy and to achieve success in everything that they do, be it in their professional life or personal life and also to know their worth. A typical example of is when an individual gets a job that he or she has always wanted, let say a dream job, a person possessing a psychological disorder like borderline personality will position himself or herself for failure. They may vie the opportunity given them as a mistake and can even flare up at the employer for placing them in a position to fail. On the other hand, an individual with a healthy or positive self-esteem will realize that he or she indeed deserves the job and will recognize and appreciate the opportunity given him or her to achieve success. A person with a healthy self-esteem will thank and appreciate the one who gave him that opportunity.
Select your type of paper
Get a professional writer to complete it
Place your order
Download your paper
Self-esteem is very important to an individual’s well-being and mental health as it has the capability of leading him or her to a more deserving social behavior and better health. It is to no surprise that low self-esteem is often characterized with range of broad social problems and mental disorders like eating disorders, depression, suicidal tendencies and anxiety. Some schools of thoughts in the field of medicine, most notably in the field of psychological disorders, believe that healthy physical and mental health are as a result of comprehending the development of self-esteem and it outcomes.
Self-esteem can therefore be explained as the sum of a person’s knowledge and beliefs about his or her personal qualities and attributes. It is a cognitive composition that combines the concrete and abstract views about one self and also controls the possession of information of self-relevance. An individual who possesses suicidal tendencies has the urge or feeling or hurting himself or herself as he/she feels unhappy and unworthy. This shows that having a healthy or positive self-esteem alleviates any negative emotions and feelings an individual with any form of suicidal tendencies possess. Research has proven that self-esteem is a very crucial psychological factor which contributes to quality and healthy life. It has also been proven with research that subjective well-being extremely corresponds with high self-esteem (Zimmerman, 2000). It pays a major role in the mental well-being and happiness of individuals.
In the nut shell, self-esteem and mental well-being of an individual is directly related. Any alter in a person’s self-esteem be it high self-esteem or low self-esteem will affect the psychology of that person. A healthy or positive self-esteem definitely helps in alleviating psychological disorders and puts an individual on the pedestal of high belief and confidence in him or herself.
- Bruceeisner, D. (2012). Meaning of Self-Esteem. Squidoo Journal Website
Retrieved from: http://www.squidoo.com/self_esteem
- Reasoner, R. (2012). The True Meaning of Self-Esteem. National Association for Self-Esteem Website
- Zimmerman, S.L. (2000). Self-Esteem, Personal Control and Optimism. Midwestern University. Dissertation Abstract.
Note that our company provides academic assistance. You can order a paper on Building Self-Esteemwith our top-level paper writing service. HandMadeWritings is the ultimate essay writing service, there is no better place to buy essay online, term papers, research papers and dissertations.
You can order a similar but unique paper from our custom paper writing service and secure yourself a high grade. HandMadeWritings is the top spot to buy research paper, term paper, essay, or even dissertation.
Select your type of paper
Place your order
Get a professional writer to complete it
Donwload your paper