MICHELE NORRIS, host:
And that secretive artist is just one of thousands of challenges for people producing the Oscar broadcast.
(Soundbite of music)
Unidentified Woman: Live from the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland, it's the 82nd annual...
NORRIS: Now, imagine if you're the person responsible for figuring out where all those actors sit. You've got actors who loathe their former producers, all those stars who only want to be shot from their best side; there are the ex-wives, the decades-old rivals, the veterans who just might snooze by the second hour, and the divas who demand to be close to the stage. Pass me the Excedrin.
John Lopez has written about this perennial puzzle. He's a contributor to Vanity Fair, and he joins us now from NPR West.
Welcome to the program.
Mr. JOHN LOPEZ (Writer): Oh, thank you for having me.
NORRIS: Now, you've written in Vanity Fair about what you see as the hierarchy of Oscar seating. This has got to be a difficult job.
Mr. LOPEZ: I think so. I liken it to awards Jenga. You have to figure out where...
(Soundbite of laughter)
Mr. LOPEZ: ...all the pieces go and make sure that you don't topple the tower at the end of the night.
NORRIS: You know, I want to talk a little bit more about this hierarchy that you've described. You talk about the chosen ones and how there's a sort of magical triangle in the Kodak Theatre where every camera line's sight seems to converge and the lighting is really wonderful. Tell us about the folks who are so lucky to be seated in that area.
Mr. LOPEZ: Well, this year, I think those folks would include Natalie Portman, for one; Colin Firth, for another; anyone who it's almost seen like a preordained truth that they are going to get an Oscar. And those are the people that you want to make sure you get all the great angles at.
NORRIS: And then, there are the elder statesmen section.
Mr. LOPEZ: Yes. This is the people who are kind of perceived members of the Academy's core group, and I think someone who's already won an Oscar and is kind of coming to the Oscars not really caring if they win. I think the prime example of this will be Jeff Bridges. He already has his Oscar. He's beloved by Hollywood, and by all accounts, he is a very, very cool dude. So for him, it's more about being able to display the perfect carefree smile when someone else's name is announced, for example.
NORRIS: Got one.
(Soundbite of laughter)
Mr. LOPEZ: Yeah.
NORRIS: Then there are the stars who have been nominated multiple times but they have not yet won, and you have them grouped in an area called the mocked ones.
Mr. LOPEZ: Those are those people who continually get nominated and continually lose. And this year, actually, the mocked ones might be the place to be because someone who is continually been a mocked one despite his amazing technical genius is Roger Deakins, the cinematographer behind "True Grit." He has been nominated so many times and never won, but this year, it looks like he might actually win.
And another person, surprisingly in the mocked ones section, could be Annette Bening. She's been nominated several times. Even though it seems kind of foreordained that Natalie Portman is going to win her Oscar, there has been scuttlebutt amongst Oscar cognoscenti in the last few days that she may pull off an upset. So the mocked ones might be not a bad place to be this year.
NORRIS: So what would happen if two people showed up and Melissa Leo looked at Annette Bening and said, hey, girlfriend, let's trade seats. What would happen? Would the axis shift or something like that?
Mr. LOPEZ: The universe would cave in. Hollywood would lose power. Cats and dogs would start doing musical numbers from Busby Berkeley together. It would just go nuts.
I think everyone is so handled and so well directed. They know exactly where they go. And I think, frankly, if you're someone showing up at these award shows, you're going down that red carpet, you've got so many people asking you for interviews, so many flashlights. You're basically like a deer lost in a giant military industrial complex. You just want to be led by the nose to your seat, wait for your moment, recite your Oscar speech over and over and over again, and hope your name gets called.
NORRIS: And what if you want to leave early?
Mr. LOPEZ: That's not allowed. No one leaves the Oscars early. It's kind of like "Fight Club."
(Soundbite of laughter)
Mr. LOPEZ: You're in there till the bitter, bitter bloody end.
NORRIS: John Lopez, good to talk to you. Thanks so much.
Mr. LOPEZ: Thank you, Michele. Thank you.
NORRIS: John Lopez, he's a contributor to Vanity Fair, and he joined us to talk about the seating arrangement at the Academy Awards ceremony, which will be taking place on Sunday evening.
NPR transcripts are created on a rush deadline by Verb8tm, Inc., an NPR contractor, and produced using a proprietary transcription process developed with NPR. This text may not be in its final form and may be updated or revised in the future. Accuracy and availability may vary. The authoritative record of NPR’s programming is the audio record.
abhashine.com stats and valuation
Pease note, that we are not promoting, linking to, or affiliated with abhashine.com in any way. We are just displaying abhashine.com publicly available data & statistics for analysis purposes.
- IGNOU SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2017 2018 - BA BCOM PGDT MST PGDUPDL MA MCOM DNHE DCE [Latest IGNOU 2017 Assignment]
- IGNOU SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2016 2017 DOWNLOAD Now ....
- ignou solved assignment 2016-17 2017 free download,ignou assignment,ignou assignments,indira,gandhi,national,open,university,india,ignou,solved,assignment,2017,2017-18,2016 solution,papers,assignments,result,free,download,mte,fst,che,phe,feg,ba,bdp,ma,eco,economics,bts,pts,meg,bshf,mba,ms,b com,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,bpy,cte,eeg,bege,102,103,108,awr,afw,epa,eec,bece,ignou solved assignment 2014,ignou solved assignment 2015,bpae,eso,eec,17,18,19,20,erd,acs,bule,ast,amt,eps,bpc,economics,history,political science,pol science,philosophy,psychology,gd,public administration,rd,sociology,made,bdp foundation course,management,bba,bca,mca,mswc,m com,mlis,education,msw,msc,med,maeds,medse,mtm,Anthropology,MAGPS,MAWGS,acc,afw,anc,atr,awr,bskf,baga,blis,bed,bsc,msc,aed,asp,amk,pco,aom,bcoa,bsc hot,nautcial science,bba retail,btae,bhda,fhd,bact,pgdibi,pgdibo,pgciativi,pgdipr,pgdde,pgdesd,pgdbe,pgccl,pgdmch,pgdrp,pgdrp,pgdmrr,pgdet,pgdpsm,pgdema,pgdac,pgdcj,pgddhm,pgdt,pgpdse,pgdhem,pgcmht,pgdae,pgdeds,pgdh em,pgdupdl,pgdenlwol,pgdwgs,pgdmd,adcim,dce,dcle,ddt,dmt,dna,dts,dpe,dnhe,dme,bpp,cafe,dafe,ccdp,ces,cceanm,cfn,pgceds,cmchc,cig,cis,cof,cpe,crd,chcwm,cfe,cts,cte,cppdpt,cdcw,cay,cic,pgce,cet m,cts,pgcmrr,cie,pdcdm,pgcae,pgcgps,fced,pgcae,distance education,ignou solved,free assignment,free assignments,download now
- initial-scale=1.0, width=device-width
- ignou solved assignment 2017
- 28.622119, 77.212353
- Important Html Tags
- H1 1
- H2 1
- H3 20
- H4 0
- STRONG 5
- A 187
- IMG 22
- Page Size
- Code to Text Ratio
- 29.69% (Text size 18.8Kb and Code size 44.5Kb)
- Http Header
- HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2017 10:47:28 GMT Server: Apache Phusion_Passenger/4.0.10 mod_bwlimited/1.4 X-Powered-By: PHP/5.6.31 Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0 Pragma: no-cache X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN Set-Cookie: frontend=3f62362e05763797bb5e64f92aeaf608; expires=Tue, 03-Oct-2017 10:47:28 GMT; Max-Age=86400; path=/; domain=abhashine.com; HttpOnly Vary: Accept-Encoding,User-Agent X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block Transfer-Encoding: chunked Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
|Semrush Rank||43833054||Rank based on keywords, cost and organic traffic|
|Keywords||3||Number of keywords in top 20 Google SERP|
|Organic Traffic||0||Number of visitors coming from top 20 search results|
|Cost (in USD)||0$||How much need to spend if get same number of visitors from Google Adwords|
|Adwords Keyword||0||Keywords a website is buying in Google AdWords for ads that appear in paid search results.|
|Adwords Traffic||0||Number of visitors brought to the website via paid search results.|
|Adwords budget (in USD)||0$||Estimated budget spent for buying keywords in Google AdWords for ads that appear in paid search results (monthly estimation).|
IP Address Information
- Server IP
- Server Location
- BigRock Solutions
- Location on MAP