Mail Carrier Cover Letter
Mail Carriers are in charge for delivering mail to clients in urban and rural areas. Essential responsibilities of a Mail Carrier include setting up routes, delivering packages, securing envelopes, placing letters in mailboxes, collecting payments, asking people to sign for the receipt of package, selling stamps, answering to people’s questions on postal services, maintaining records of deliveries, identifying incorrectly addressed mail, and insuring parcels and letters.
A successful Mail Carrier should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout his or her cover letter:
- Knowledge of postal operations
- Good orientation
- Stamina and physical fitness
- Attention to details
- Communication and interpersonal abilities
- Computer competences
- Problem-solving abilities
- Time management
Similar job abilities and qualifications can be observed in the sample cover letter displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Mail Carrier Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Cohen:
Upon learning of your posting for a Mail Carrier, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an organized, reliable, and self-motivated professional prepared to excel in providing key mail handling support to the United States Postal Service, I am prepared to strongly contribute to your objectives in this position.
My background in fast-paced, detail-oriented environments has positioned me to excel in this role. With a talent for receiving, sorting, and delivering a variety of mail, along with my excellent oral and written communication skills, I offer you dedication to your organization’s mission as well as a commitment to driving the success and longevity of the USPS through comprehensive support and service.
My relevant experience includes…
- Thriving in the expansive mailroom for a large multimedia entertainment company; sorting and collecting mail, delivering letters and parcels, obtaining signatures, and collecting COD payments when necessary.
- Delivering mail consisting of letters, circulars, magazines, catalogs, and small packages to more than 170 departments and individual offices spanning multiple buildings.
- Maintaining and replenishing supplies and merchandise required to facilitate seamless and speedy mail delivery.
- Earning formal commendation and praise for delivery performance, consistently receiving zero service-related complaints.
- Using my excellent interpersonal skills to foster personable relationships with personnel across company departments.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing first-rate organization, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
My abilities in mail coordination and delivery are strong, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment at the USPS. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Joseph D. Haley
Dear Mr. Bundy
I am submitting my resume for consideration of your Postal Worker position. I think after reviewing my background in customer delivery you will see why I believe this opportunity is perfect for both of us.
As my resume shows since graduating high school in 2011 I have worked for a major national delivery service with a long term goal of passing the postal exam. In the interim my job represented the best in customer service. I have worked out in front handling the cash register selling shipping items and dealing directly with customers. I have worked in the back collecting and sorting using effective distribution procedures. I am also experienced with being in the field and ensuring customers get packages in a timely manner. When I saw your listing for Postal Worker I admit to being excited. I recently passed the postal exam and have an exemplary driving record. I am in fit shape capable of lifting mailbags and heavy packages. I have always been flexible about scheduling ready to work any shift and filling slots that suddenly become available.
As you can see I have a motivated and customer-driven personality. I would appreciate the opportunity to come in and discuss the Postal Worker position with you at your convenience.
Thomas A. Byrne