PERSONAL ESSAY TOPICS
Personal essay is one of the richest, most vibrant and rage literary forms. As it gives you an opportunity to exceed the limits of the standard essay, to utilize conversational tone, dialogues, settings and characterizations. Before writing your work you should try to plunge into you inner world, get to know yourself from the inside and gain the understanding of the self. Writing your personal essay intends to vent your thoughts, ideas, interests to the others and lets you drive toward candor, self-disclosure, honesty with yourself. After such a revelation with yourself you'll be surprised by the quantity of positive sides you've got.
Personal essay is an excellent way for you to determine clearly your likes and dislikes, to reveal your unique personality to people, to cognize yourself better and to become more self-confident.
You can succeed in writing your personal essay by being natural and truthful. Being the self, expressing your personal vision and position is a peculiar salt of your work. Your point of view is the one that counts and has a special significance in this work. Just be honest with yourself and set to work at your essay and be sure to write an impressive personal essay, but don't forget to choose a topic for your essay.
Personal Essay Topics
These personal essay topics can become very good background and basis for your work. You are welcome to get acquainted with these personal essay topics and to sort out one them to you reveal yourself and your thoughts.
The list of personal essay topics presented below will assist you in writing your essay.
- Describe a significant interest or experience that has special meaning for you.
- Describe one of your grandparents. What has he/she accomplished in life? Would you like to be like him/her?
- What are your long-term career goals?
- Does any specific attribute, quality or skill distinguish you from everyone else? How did you develop this attribute?
- What are the reasons for your interests? Analyze your childhood. How were your interests shaped from your upbringing?
- How would your friends characterize you? Look at yourself from the side of other people and analyze your character in such a way.
- Have you experienced a moment of epiphany, as if your eyes were opened to something you were previously blind to? Describe this moment and your percepts about it.
- What are your dreams of the future? Now looking back at everything you have done what you would to change?
- Where do you see yourself, career wise, 10 years from now?
- Of everything of the world what would you like to be doing right now? Where would you like to be the most? Who would you prefer to be with at this moment?
- What is a mission you are accomplishing on the earth?
- Who was the most influential person in your life? How did this person make you want to become better?
- Talk about how a person can change his direction.
- Have you ever wanted something so badly that you would do anything to get it? How did you feel after you received or attained the thing that you desired? Did it make your life happier or more miserable? Tell about such an experience.
- What is your approach to life? Reveal your life philosophy.
- What is your receipt of stress management?
- What was the most difficult time in your life? How did you overcome these difficulties? How did your perspective on life change as a result of the difficulty?
- Describe your most rewarding experience.
- How have all your acquired experiences shaped your career goals?
- An intellectual experience that has mattered to you.
- The first day I travel abroad.
- Have you ever experienced a moment of solitude? How was it like?
- An E-mail from the Year 2105.
- Have you ever met with "Triumph and Disaster"? How did you meet those two impostors? Can you tell that you have faced them in a worthy manner?
- Have you ever struggled for something and failed? How did you respond? Have you experienced a feeling of disappointment and dissatisfaction of yourself?
- Imagine yourself being an actor/actress. Tell about your feelings before the opening night of the performance where you play the title role.
- Evaluate a significant experience, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.
- Have you ever fallen in love from the first sight? Tell about the first time you've met this person. What did you feel at that moment?
- What are your career aspirations?
- Have you ever struggled mightily and succeeded? Describe what you have felt at the glorious moment of victory? What does a winner feel?
- What is the major contribution you've made in any field of your life?
- Discuss your academic background and achievements.
- Choose a prominent person (living, deceased, or fictional) that you would like to interview and explain why.
- Identify a person who had a significant influence on you and explain the influence.
- What author, musician, actor influenced on shaping your ideology? Why especially this person is so significant to you. Did he/she help you to see another side of the world?
- Write a speech for delivery before some group or write an article or editorial for a publication.
- What is a major achievement in your life? Who and what assisted you in reaching your aim?
- Hiking to Understanding the Self.
- Tell about a family outing or vacation. What did you learn from the experience?
- Reveal your personality by naming all the positive and negative features you possess. Which of them you'd like to get rid of and which you'd like to promote and enhance.
- What is your strongest and most determined trait of character? Do you maintain strong beliefs and adhere to philosophy?
- Is there anything in your past that you would like to change? How would you change it if you could?
- Tell about the most unforgettable experience you've ever had.
- Discuss your most interesting research experience.
- Write about a book that has special significance for you.
- What are the most important extracurricular or community activities? What made you join these activities?
- Tell about a terrifying experience that you had when you were young.
- Describe an important social event that you took part in. (wedding, church party, sports event, etc.)
- Have you ever been involved in some serious wrongdoing? What lesson did you learn from the experience?
- Relate an exciting experience from which you developed a particular talent or interest.
- All of us learn from our failures as well as successes. What is something you gained from an unsuccessful experience?
© 2005-2011, GoodEssayTopics.com
Virginia Kearney 3 months agofrom United States
Hi Jared--I taught 6th grade for five years and I'm glad to know this helps you in your writing!
Jared Self 3 months ago
These are really helpfull for me and the whole 6 grade
subhi singh 4 months ago
What a nice reflective essay I got many idea thanks for every essay I give idea to all to see reflective essay in any competition assembly
nthabiseng 2 years ago
Thanks for the heads up I'll keep this in mind
Kenneth Avery 3 years agofrom Hamilton, Alabama
Had to reread this again. Amazing work. Thanks again.
Kenneth Avery 3 years agofrom Hamilton, Alabama
This is a wonderful hub. A great read. Very helpful and informative. I voted up and away. I admimre your writing style and know that only good things will happen to you with works like this.
I am following you and left you some fan mail. I cordially invite you to check out my hubs and be a follower of mine. That would make my day.
Virginia Kearney 3 years agofrom United States
Thanks simondixie! I'm glad to know that my articles are helpful to you. I've spend a lot of time tweaking the format and I'm always trying to remember to make sure I give practical ideas which hopefully spur a writer's or student's thoughts.
Nancy McLendon Scott 3 years agofrom Georgia
Wonderful ideas! Although I'm now retired from teaching college English (and reading) classes, I occasionally teach on a part-time basis. Finding good topics that work well for college freshmen is not easy! Your hubs are easy to understand, practical, and quite helpful. Thank you!