Entry into the combined MSNA-DNAP Program is open to students already enrolled in the VCU Master's of Science in Nurse Anesthesia (MSNA) program see (MSNA admission requirements). Matriculated students may apply to the MSNA-DNAP Program at the end of the second semester of the Master's Program.
Applicants to the MSNA-DNAP must possess the following qualifications:
- Good academic and clinical standing in the Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia Program.
- Cumulative graduate GPA of 3.25 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Current unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse.
The following materials should be submitted directly to the Director of Doctoral Education.
- The MSNA-DNAP application form (emailed to eligible students each May).
- An unofficial VCU transcript showing current GPA and academic status (available on eServices).
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- A written, personal statement including reasons for seeking this educational opportunity, career goals and how this degree will help you attain them, prior life/work experience that will be useful in your educational experience, and potential areas of study for the capstone project
- materials may be submitted electronically to email@example.com
Click here to apply to the VCU Department of Nurse Anesthesia post-master's DNAP program.
SRNA's working with the Baricity Education Spinal Tool.
Admission to the DNAP is competitive and based on evaluation of all portions of the application. Applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications:
Review of applications is on-going. However, preference is given to applications received by March 1. To be considered for a personal interview (required for admission), applicants must submit the following to the Director of Doctoral Education, Dept of Nurse Anesthesia, PO Box 980226, Richmond VA 23298:
- Personal statement including:
Reasons for seeking this educational opportunity
Career goals and how this degree will aid in that process
Prior lifework experience that will contribute to your success in the program
Potential areas of interest for the capstone project
- Completed Graduate School application form.
- Personal interview (by invitation)
- Completed application_addendum
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary programs
- Three professional references
- Official NBCRNA transcript
- Evidence of licensure, certification, and recertification
The post-master's Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice program option enrolls approximately 10-20 CRNAs annually, starting in the fall semester each year.
Reference forms and transcript request forms are available on the Graduate School web site. Please visit the VCU bulletin for the most up to date information on admission requirements.
*In lieu of GRE scores, applicants can submit, for consideration, evidence of verbal and quantitative knowledge and skills necessary for successful completion of the program.